Method Community

External Authentication API - Need a Solution

Last post 05-05-2011 4:45 PM by LaCrews. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-05-2011 10:18 AM

External Authentication API - Need a Solution

To the Community and Method Staff:

We have been evaluating Method and find lots of things about it that we really like.  A key problem that we have is that our Web site already has a registration/authentication service into which our members login.  

Our need is for our users to be able to click on "My Invoices" for example and be logged in automatically to the method portal services.  The initial response to this inquiry was "there is no way to do that right now."  

I am writing back to inquire if anyone has any ideas even if solved through a paid engagement?

Thanks!

• 05-05-2011 10:53 AM In reply to

Re: External Authentication API - Need a Solution

From inside your current portal you might try having a customer being re-directed into a method portal using a method short URL.

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
  • 05-05-2011 11:56 AM In reply to

Thanks for the response.  That would resolve getting the user to the portal, but would not solve them being authenticated in, right?  Or am I missing something?  Thanks.

• 05-05-2011 12:47 PM In reply to

The only other way I can think of doing this is by using the API to capture the information and displaying this in your own portal.  The problem of course is that you won't be able to take advantage of the customization screens in your portal and you'd need to higher a developer to do this.

I don't see us adding the ability to use a SSO, at least not in the near future.  

• 05-05-2011 4:45 PM In reply to

I believe it is possbile to have them partially authenticated in. They would however need to verify their email address.

Mark Crews
    Cloud Consultancy
    Principal and Developer

• 2012 MethodCRM Partner of the Year

• 2012 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

• 2011 MethodCRM Community Excellence Award

Visit our website to find out about our training, support, and customization services.
    blog: cloudconsultancyllc.com/blog/
    ph: 434.326.1601
    e: support@cloudconsultancyllc.com

What is Method?
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)