Method Community

Web Forms Error

Last post 05-14-2011 10:26 AM by LauraMadeira. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-13-2011 2:13 PM

Web Forms Error

I have had my web designer copy and past the web form code into my own website

http://www.quick-training.com/contact.html

The web contact would complete a Customer (Lead) and Opportunity in Method.

I would get a long email stating there was an error....to long to even mention the content of the email, but the webform did complete successfully in Method so I would use the 'error" email as notification that someone left something there for me.

Now, however, when a user enters their information they get an error message about the forms not working. they are completly removed from any reference to my website and have to start a new URL page.

I do get the lead successfully in Method, but unfortunately i couldn't use the web form as planned a the trade show I just completed.

My web designer and Method will be at SNH, is there an opportunity to troublehsoot this together?

Thank you!

To see the error that you get, complete the contact form on the link provided above. To see the email being sent to me notifying me of the error, just send me an email and I will forward it.

Laura

Laura@quick-training.com

Laura Madeira
    laura@quick-training.com
    www.quick-training.com
  • 05-13-2011 2:20 PM In reply to

Re: Web Forms Error

Laura,

Before the team starts to look at this, has your web designer tried to use the standard web form not copied to your website?  This would mean simply to copy and paste the HTML provided by us in a simple HTML page and test it out.

I just tried my web form and it worked right away on a plain old HTML page. It is a striaght copy and paste of the web form that I've put on a test website.

http://www.best4youservices.com/weblead.html

• 05-13-2011 2:31 PM In reply to

Danny, I emailed your forum post to Sandi Smith, as I am not sure what she did or didn't do. It did used to work. Will wait for her reply.

Her email is:  sandi.smith@sandismith.com

I am headed back to Dallas after being at a Trade Show this week. I had my netbook already for the atteendees to leave a web form....so sad it didn't work!

Laura Madeira
    laura@quick-training.com
    www.quick-training.com
  • 05-13-2011 2:37 PM In reply to

Hi Laura - that is disappointing for sure.  We'll get to the bottom of it though.  =)  Our web form guru (Victor) we'll be checking this out as well and posting back when he knows more.  

See you next week!

• 05-13-2011 3:22 PM In reply to

Laura,

It actually looks like the web form is working correctly.  Method is sending the email using your SMTP server settings.  When it attempts to send the email, it is getting back the following message from the server.  

Your client had encountered an error with web form Web-To-Lead4. This may be due to incorrect setup of the web form. The error encountered was: Mailbox name not allowed. The server response was: SMTP Relaying Denied: Visit http://www.error-553.net for more info. 

If you click the link for the website it gives back, it provides you with the reasons why the email was unable to send.  Are you able to send emails in other areas of Method?  If you go to Customize > My Account.  Click View/Edit for Default Email Preferences and click Save & Send Test Email, does it work?  You should get a test email from Method.

• 05-13-2011 4:52 PM In reply to

Hi Laura,

As Danny said, the problem is not with WebForms settings, but with your email server settings. However, I did modify Web Forms in a way, that even if your email settings are wrong, the user will not get the ugly error message. Instead, everything will go as if no email error had occurred and user will be redirected to your thank you page as he would normally.

Thank you

Victor

• 05-14-2011 10:26 AM In reply to

Victor and others, thank you so much for your effort. The web-to-lead form is working "like a charm". Prospect no longer gets an error message and I get quality information in Method including the Opportunity, Lead Customer and any notes they left.

We are now working on our website to lead them to a Thank You page.

What a terrific tool! See you all a Scaling New Heights.

Laura Madeira
    laura@quick-training.com
    www.quick-training.com
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)