Method Community

Using API in Crystal Reports

Last post 06-15-2011 2:56 PM by m.mehr. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-13-2011 11:33 AM

Using API in Crystal Reports

I have a customer that is using several crystal reports on a custom database in MS SQL.  They wanted me to figure out a way to incorporate Metod data into these reports and I think this API is a way to do so, but I just cant figure it out. 

Has anyone sucessfully retrieved Method data in Crystal Reports?  If so, can you please help me out.

If not, there is an XML Data source reference in Crystal reports, but I am not sure of all the configuration:

1) HTTP WSDL URL (I used: https://www.methodintegration.com/MethodAPI/service.asmx)

2)HTTP(S) Username and Password (I used mine)

3) Service, Port, Method (these are the values I have no idea what to use since they are blank)

Can this be accomplished?

Thanks in advance

• 06-13-2011 11:57 AM In reply to

Re: Using API in Crystal Reports

OK, I just found out that if I leave the User Name and password sections blenk, I now have populated Services, Ports, and Method sections.

However, if I try to choose one of those, I get:

"Logon Failed.

Details: Schema File is invalid

error: TypeArray@http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding not found"

Hope someone can shed light on this matter

• 06-13-2011 3:12 PM In reply to

Some more information that might help:

Here are the screenshots of the information I have to use to setup the report in Crystal Reports

I am not sure what to put for the schema location but apparently I have to put one in or I get errors

Here are all the Parameter I have to manually put in (the astericks are just for this picture, I put the correct values in).  This is pulled from an Excel API that I am currently using successfully.

Here is the error message I receive:

Then if I uncheck the "Specify Schema File" from the first screen above, i get this error:

I was thinking about using a local schema file, but I am still new to the XML stuff.

I hope someone can help me out with this.

• 06-15-2011 9:21 AM In reply to

Hi CDS_Josh,

Althought I'm not a developer, I do know that you won't be able to use Crystal Reports with Method even with using the API.  You can extract the data you want using the Method API and then use Crystal to create the reports.  However, you won't be able to make a direct connection to the Method database throught the API to load the data in Crystal.  Not sure that's the answer you wanted to hear. =)

• 06-15-2011 2:26 PM In reply to

Not exactly the answer I wanted to hear, but it does save me a lot of time trying to figure this out.  Thanks for the reply!!

• 06-15-2011 2:56 PM In reply to

• m.mehr
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2011
    • Henderson, NV
    • Posts 100

I am a newbie, and I have no idea what is going on in that SQL Server db, but what about moving the SQL Server data to Method, then creating your reports using Method Report Writer?

Just another idea to chew on!

Michael J. Mehr, CPA.CITP
    michael@mehrcpa.com
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)