Method Community

error from the MethodAPI row 2

Last post 06-04-2009 9:17 AM by Anonymous. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-29-2009 10:39 AM

error from the MethodAPI row 2

Hi, I got the excel file used to upload a lead database into Method. The given columns are:

Name

First Name

Last Name

Is Lead Status Only

In addition to these data, I also need:

Company

Street

Apt

City

ZIP

I have added these additional column and paste the data, however when I want to import the data into Method, it gives me the above error message:

"Error from the MethodAPI row 2

Could not log into the database. You have 3 attempts remaining"

Can you help? Thanks

HP

• 05-29-2009 12:25 PM In reply to

Re: error from the MethodAPI row 2

HP,

The message is indicating the login and password is incorrect.

Can you login into Method on the web site. If you can, use that login information when you make the web service call. If not click the Retrieve Password link on the Method Login page.

Peter

• 06-02-2009 4:35 PM In reply to

Thanks, Peter, now it give the same error message, but says "the table specified does not exist"

• 06-02-2009 4:41 PM In reply to

Matt,

I haven't made the update yet.

What is the table name you are using?

Pete

• 06-03-2009 5:35 PM In reply to

the excel file name I got is MethodAPISample_ImportRecordsIntoMethod and the columns I try to add are:

Company

Bill To

APT

City

State / Prov.

ZIP / Postal

This is a list with leads I want to import into Methods to start and manage my campaigns. Hope you can help - I really need to get this going - thanks

HP

• 06-03-2009 8:21 PM In reply to

HP -

What you are doing is certainly possible, so it is probably something very small.

We can have a look for you.  If you want to email the excel file to us at method@methodintegration.com, we can take a look at it and tell you what the problem is and how to correct it.

Paul

• 06-04-2009 9:17 AM In reply to

Hi HP,

Thanks for sending us the file. We have looked into it and I have e-mailed it back to you with some suggested fix-ups. There are a few things I want to go over and give you some recommendations.
    1. The reason it wasn't importing was because you had changed the table name from "Customer" to "Leads". You didn't have a table named "Leads" so we have changed it back to "Customer" for you.
    2. The column names for BillTo, City, State, etc., weren’t valid field names.  We have also replaced the field names with the proper one’s for you.  In the future, if you want to find the proper field names, all you need to do is go to Customize > Tables / Fields, click on the Customer table and look at the field names in there.
    3. The “Name” column is both required, and also needs to be unique (when combined with ParentFullName if there is one).  Right now your Name column is empty for all your records, so you have some fixing up to do yourself :)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)