Method Community

Error Message "Could not run the 'Go To Tab Link' command"

Last post 01-09-2012 1:24 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-06-2012 3:59 PM

Error Message "Could not run the 'Go To Tab Link' command"

Ok, about to pull my hair out with this one.  Someone help please.

This happens when I press the go to button under the Customers tab, which I customized to say "Dealers" 

Could not run the 'Go To Tab Link' command, as there was a problem locating the Tab Link 'Edit Customer'. This Tab Link may have been deleted, or if you copied the original Screen from another account, you may also need to copy the Screen this Tab Link 'Edit Customer' belongs to as well.

Additional Information

Action Sequence Order:11

And I get this error when I press the green New Customer button under the same tab

Could not run the 'Go To Tab Link' command, as there was a problem locating the Tab Link 'New Customer'. This Tab Link may have been deleted, or if you copied the original Screen from another account, you may also need to copy the Screen this Tab Link 'New Customer' belongs to as well.

Additional Information

Action Sequence Order:1

Please help me not go postal on someone :-)

• 01-09-2012 1:24 PM In reply to

Re: Error Message "Could not run the 'Go To Tab Link' command"

Answer

Hi Brian,

The reason this is happening is most likely because you renamed your tab/tab links.

The Go To tab link action used in to the Go To link and New Customer button work based off the Tab/Tab Link names, so changing the names would cause it to no longer work.

Right now  you have 2 options, the first is to rename the tab links back to the original names and the second is to customize the screens that are giving you issues and update the Go To Tab Link actions to refer to the new tab link names.

You may also need to update the Show / Hide Tab Link actions as well to reflect the new tab names.

Ronen

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)