Method Community

Method & Quickbooks Online Product Sync

Last post 01-24-2012 8:46 AM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-19-2012 8:16 AM

• dannas
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-19-2012
    • Virginia
    • Posts 4

Method & Quickbooks Online Product Sync

We are new Method users and seem to have an issue with the products syncing.  I see how to create products from within method and of course quickbooks; however, I do not see a way to delete products in Method.

If I delete a product in quickbooks, the deletion does not appear to be synced.  How can I ensure that the products are in sync and how do I delete stale products that should not be in the drop down list within Method?  Thank you.

• 01-19-2012 5:21 PM In reply to

Re: Method & Quickbooks Online Product Sync

Hi Dannas, 

We are still looking into this issue. We have received an error message from Intuit Anywhere which allows us to communicate with QuickBooks online.

I will keep you posted once I am able to test this issue and update the forum post when I have more information.

Ronen

• 01-21-2012 6:56 AM In reply to

dannas - just an update, Intuit is still having issues with their authentication server.  It's affecting all QB Online developers, as well as many other Intuit sites.  

Paul

• 01-21-2012 7:12 AM In reply to

• dannas
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-19-2012
    • Virginia
    • Posts 4

I appreciate the update.  Once this issue is resolved, should the products sync between the two or will the extra products in Method need to be manually deleted via backend DB?  Also, is there any type of ETA on a resolution from Intuit?  Thanks again.

• 01-24-2012 8:46 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi dannas,

The best way to ensure that the product gets deleted from the dropdown list when you are selecting items under the "Items" heading when you are creating a new invoice is to do a Method Synch everytime you delete a product from QuickBooks Online. 

Synching Method when you update QuickBooks will ensure that the latest products are listed in the dropdown. 

I hope that helps. 

Ronen

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)