Method Community

invoice customization

Last post 05-04-2015 3:36 PM by Method_Audisho. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-24-2012 10:15 AM

invoice customization

I am new to Methods and I am on free trial to determine if Methods is the way I should go. In a nutshell, Quickbooks online customizable invoice does not allow enough additional fields to meet my needs. I need to include quantity ordered, quantity shipped and a backorder column. We also need the capability to track backorders and tie them back to the original order. I also need the compatible fields to QBO to feed to QBO. Can I do this in methods or contract to have this done?

• 01-24-2012 11:19 AM In reply to

Re: invoice customization

Hi bd092404rgr,

In Method, you can indicate on an invoice the quantity of the item that you want to order, but you wouldn't be able to track if that item has been ordered, shipped, or if it is on backorder. 

I hope that helps.

Ronen

• 01-24-2012 12:05 PM In reply to

Ronen,

I am aware of that but can a invoice be customized to do so?

• 01-24-2012 2:06 PM In reply to

Hi bd092404rgr,

I have some questions for you:

Do you want to manually track the quantity ordered, qunatity shipped and backorders or do you want to have it done automatically?

If you want to automatically track the above information, at what point do you want this information updated?

Ronen

• 05-04-2015 2:52 PM In reply to

Has the ability to add a backorder column and have it tracked automatically ever been addressed/added to Method?

• 05-04-2015 3:36 PM In reply to

Answer

Hi David,

The backordered quantities listed in QuickBooks are progressive columns. These values are not stored anywhere, but are simply calculated numbers that are displayed on your transactions. Since this data is not stored in a field on a table, it’s not something that is available for us to sync with. As such, I don’t expect this feature to be added unless QuickBooks changes this functionality.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)