Method Community

Installing Method to a 'Dummy Company File'

Last post 06-22-2009 11:18 AM by Anonymous. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-22-2009 11:18 AM

Installing Method to a 'Dummy Company File'

Hey Everyone,

I have been getting the same question emailed to me, so I wanted to write up a little post that should help a few people out.

The problem a lot of people are having is they install Method but sync to a dummy Quick Books file for trial purposes, then after a week of use they decide to go ahead and switch over to the actual Company File. Here is where people might be getting confused.

Method doesn't have a 'test' version to install. When you sign up for Method you should sync with your actual Company File. In order to switch to another Company File, you would need to register again. When you sync a Company File with Method, that account is assigned to that Company File. This cannot be changed.

When you install Method, it does not make any changes to your Company File. It is 100% safe to install Method while just testing. Anything you enter into Method will go into your Quick Books. If you want to remove that entry, open your Quick Books and delete the entry.

If you would like to see a Demo of Method instead of installing to a dummy Company File, please contact one of our Business Consultants and they will book a time with you. If you install Method and use a dummy file, then you will need a new account when you decide to use your real Company File.

Hope this answers some questions.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)