Method Community

Portal Grid Refreshing

Last post 02-21-2012 1:33 PM by Anonymous. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-03-2012 4:16 PM

• csmp
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2011
    • Posts 20

Portal Grid Refreshing

We use portals for our users to enter time into the timetracking table.  When users enter in method full blown, the grids refresh as expected with the action sequences.  When viewing these same screens in portal view, the grids do not refresh as expected.  When users first log in all grids are blank and show no data, however after pressing a refresh button (which runs the same refresh grid action as we run in the onLoad event) data appears in the grid.  Please note we are using the "override filter by active record id" action in the on load event as well (however we are using it prior to refreshing the grids).

• 02-06-2012 8:41 AM In reply to

Re: Portal Grid Refreshing

Answer

Hi csmp,

In the screen which has that grid you are referring to, on the event "OnScreenLoad", within the advanced screen properties, you need to make sure that the "Refresh Grid" action is the first action that is being executied which will ensure that the grid gets refreshed first before any other action on the grid is applied.

I hope that this helps.

Ronen 

• 02-06-2012 8:50 AM In reply to

• csmp
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2011
    • Posts 20

Ronen,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it would have to be after the override action right?  Otherwise the screen doesn't know that the user has the rights to see all data?

Thanks,

Kevin

• 02-06-2012 9:08 AM In reply to

Hi Kevin,

Did you just recently set up this screen with these actions or was this working the way you wanted it to work beforehand?

Ronen

• 02-06-2012 9:15 AM In reply to

• csmp
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2011
    • Posts 20

I don't believe this was ever working properly in portals, it does work properly in Method Full Blown.

• 02-21-2012 1:21 PM In reply to

• csmp
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-01-2011
    • Posts 20

Any update on this?  Have you been able to replicate on your side?  It affects all of our portals.

• 02-21-2012 1:33 PM In reply to

Hi csmp, 

I was working on this issue, but I wasn't able to replicate this issue as you have described it. Can you please e-mail me your company account information to r.gaisiner@methodintegration.com and can you please enable the MethodSupport user for me so I can take a look at this issue further.

Ronen

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)