Method Community

Sign In Times Out unexpectedly.

Last post 02-16-2012 9:13 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-15-2012 8:33 AM

• viret56
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 01-10-2012
    • Virginia
    • Posts 79

Sign In Times Out unexpectedly.

During customization of screens, occasionally I get a dialog box asking me to sign back in to accomplish a task.  After I enter user and password in the dialog box, sometimes the task is performed, other times I am told I need to sign off and sign back on.

I get the impression this is happening because of changes I am making to the screens I am trying to load.  If this is true, then the time out dialog should appear so frequently during normal production use.  Am I correct?

Is there a time out setting I have not found on the Method Customize tab (or elsewhere)?

• 02-16-2012 9:13 AM In reply to

Re: Sign In Times Out unexpectedly.

Answer

Hi viret56,

The reason that you are getting this time out error message is because you are logged into Method with the username concurrently on either a new web browser on a new tab within your current browser.

You can only log into Method in one session and not two sessions with your username. The error message will appear for security purposes once Method realizes that the account is been logged into again at the same time with the same username.

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)