Method Community

Customer Name - Last, First

Last post 03-01-2012 9:58 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-01-2012 8:57 AM

Customer Name - Last, First

Hello- 

When I enter a customer in Method, I enter the first name  (JOHN), then last name (DOE), and that populates the Customer Name field above (JOHN DOE) - good so far.  But when Method Synchs with QB, the customer name is JOHN DOE in my customer list - and not many companies sort/track their customers by first name.  I'd like it to be DOE, JOHN in QB - is there a way to modify Method so that it enters the last name first in the Customer Name field?

thanks,

jim

• 03-01-2012 9:58 AM In reply to

Re: Customer Name - Last, First

Answer

Hi fakie99,

The software development kit is currently set-up to synch the First Name in the First Name field and Last Name in the Last Name field from Method to QuickBooks in the exact same order as it looks like in both the Method and QuickBooks applications. 

If you look at the "CRM_NewCustomer from TemplateOnlineCRMBDesktop (#369)" original screen in Method, you can see that the fields look very similar to the "Edit Customer" screen in QuickBooks.

In addition, the "Customer Name" field will always by default start with the first name and then the last name in both Method and QuickBooks.

What you could do is make the copy of the "CRM_NewCustomer from TemplateOnlineCRMBDesktop (#369)" screen, and change the labels for the original First Name and Last Name fields to Last Name and First Name.

In QuickBooks though, the customer name will be displayed as "Doe John" as you stated in your example, but if you open up the information for the customer, you will see that the "First Name" field will have "Doe" and the "Last Name" field will have "John".

I hope that this helps.

Ronen

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)