Method Community

Error when createing work order from an estimate

Last post 07-18-2009 7:43 AM by Method_Paul. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-03-2009 12:29 PM

Error when createing work order from an estimate

I am trying to create a work order from an estimate using the 'Create / Go to Work Order' link just to the right of the Activity No. field. When I click on the link I get an error message:

The value 'Work Order' was not a valid dropdown list value for 'ActivityTypeRef'.

Additional Information

Action Sequence Order:16

• 07-03-2009 3:32 PM In reply to

Re: Error when createing work order from an estimate

Hi Stephanie,

Have you made any changes to the screen? Please let me know what steps you took in the estimate before you clicked on the 'Create / Go to Work Order' link. This way I can try to replicate what you are experiencing on my end.

I just tried this out on my end and it worked. On the Estimate screen under the Field Services Tab, I first selected the customer then I entered an item and clicked on update then I clicked on 'Create / Go To Work Order' and it brought up the Add/ Edit Work Order screen.

• 07-13-2009 4:28 PM In reply to

I have not made any changes to the screen. However I did copy the Invoice screen from the Field Service_Estimate, so that I could have the option to turn an estimate into a job order from the customer tab.

I am experiencing this problem with all forms of work orders. The problem is that I can not create a job order under the customer tab either. I  get the same errors messages at each screen.

To answer your question: I search for the estimate by customer name, then I select the customer. It brings up the original estimate (with the item(s) and amount). Then I select the campaign associated, then I click on the 'Create / Go to work order'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stephanie

• 07-13-2009 4:50 PM In reply to

Hi Stephanie,

Can you please send me the error messages you received? This way we can do some further investigation. I just copied the estimate screen and placed it under a different tab and it worked so I want to see what is causing this error on your side.

• 07-14-2009 5:03 PM In reply to

The value 'Work Order' was not a valid dropdown list value for 'ActivityTypeRef'.

Additional Information

Action Sequence Order:16

• 07-14-2009 5:09 PM In reply to

Here is the error I get when I try to select a new job item. However keep in mind that when I click on save I get the error message that I sent you in my previous post.

* Please save the screen before adding any line items. *

I am really anxious to get this resolved so that our Service Techs can start using the program.

• 07-18-2009 7:43 AM In reply to

From reading that message, I'm wondering if it's just a matter of you not having an Activity Type called "Work Order".

If you go to the Sales Center > Activities screen, and click the "..." next to the "Type" field, you should have "Work Order" somewhere in the list.

If you don't, it looks like you may have removed or renamed that type.  If so, you should put it back the Work Order option.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)