Method Community

Currency issue

Last post 04-18-2012 4:56 PM by Anonymous. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-23-2012 2:35 AM

Currency issue

We are in in South Africa, we have managed to change the currency to Rands but after doing so the estimates pdf shows Dollars in the rate column and Rands in the total column.

We have been continuously trying to get this resolved by changing our regional settings etc. this actualy does not seem to change anything.

Also I have another user which after changing his regional settigns he gets all currencies in Pounds and we cannot get to change it.

Please ccould somebody help with this.

• 03-23-2012 11:04 AM In reply to

Re: Currency issue

Hi Martin,

I would double check the Estimate report through the Method report designer. Take a look at the properties of the fields…specifically the options under 'Format String'. Under Currency you will see options:

"$0.00" - displays in dollars with 2 decimals
    "$0" - displays in dollars with no decimals
    "c2" - uses regional settings

Can you take a look at your settings, make changes and let me know if it works? I'd also suggest looking at any scripts those fields or objects might have that could affect the display i.e. a script after print.

Hope this helps

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 03-25-2012 5:27 PM In reply to

Thanks, I managed to sort this out on our windows pc's.

I now still have an issue with our Apple Mac, all regional settings are set for South Africa but the PDF''s are showing up in Dollars.

What can I do to resolve this?

We have also a further issue as my pc will display Rands when printing but if we save and send email to the client they receive and open it and it diplays something different.

• 04-10-2012 3:46 PM In reply to

Hi Martin - we will look further into this and post back if we have questions or any update for you. Thank you.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 04-13-2012 4:11 AM In reply to

Still no answer in days. What is going on. What can I do to resolve the issue I am having

• 04-13-2012 8:28 AM In reply to

Hi Martin,

Please accept my apologies for the late response here. We've had created an internal ticket to help determine the cause and expedite any possible solution. Our team is still looking into it and I will provide an update as soon one is available.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 04-18-2012 9:16 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Martin,

The problem you are having comes down to a Mac issue which we can't fix.  What happens is the local system preferences are used when this report is generated; on a PC those preferences are respected and the currency shows correctly; on a Mac the preferences are ignored.  I tried a few solutions on the report deisgner to force a currency format but the mac always showed incorrect formatting.  The only option is to generate invoices on a PC right now.

~C

• 04-18-2012 9:46 AM In reply to

Thanks but since this was going on so long I started trying to repair this myself. I found that the problem is not with the regional setting as you guys are saying the system recognizes your regional settings. This is not true for both mac and PC as I was having issues with both. The fix is actually in the browser setting: eg if you are using firefox you go to preferences and set the language to english South Africa - or in any other case it will be the region you live. I did this on all computers and macs that we were having issues with and it resolved the problem. However I have still not tested wether this applies to customers that you email the invoice to direct from the system. Maybe you can find out for me. (Maybe you can give us a free month for me finding this issue for you?)

• 04-18-2012 4:56 PM In reply to

Martin:
    However I have still not tested wether this applies to customers that you email the invoice to direct from the system.

Based on your fix above, it will work for your customers if they have the correct regional settings in their browser.  The invoices we email is generated on the fly so the email contains a link which the customer clicks on.  The system then generates the PDF and displays it so their browsers regional settings will affect their invoice.  

We appreciate the information on this.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)