Method Community

[Feature Request] Send Method emails via Outlook

Last post 04-03-2012 12:30 PM by smohyee. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-03-2012 12:30 PM

[Feature Request] Send Method emails via Outlook

On Invoice/SO/PO screens, Method handily allows us to mark emails to be sent automatically in Quickbooks. Of course its the limitations of QB that brought me to Method in the first place! QB's email templates are extremely limited (plain text only... what is this, the 90s?), and you can't attach multiple reports to an email like in Method.

One cool feature QB does have is that it can be set to work with Outlook to send emails. So I when I click the "Send Email" button at the top of the Invoice screen in QB, an Outlook email window pops up with the template set and PDF attached. 

Right now when I send emails in Method using the standard action, I can't check the email contents before sending, nor can I keep track of emails that were sent. I'm working on customizing something where a new Activity with a "send email" is triggered from the Invoice screen, which would solve those two problems. Ultimately though, this would mean two locations users would have to go for emails - Method Activities to see what emails were sent from Method, and Outlook for all other emails. 

If you guys could make it an option to actually trigger an Outlook email window from within Method, similar to QB's feature, then Outlook would remain the gateway for all emails in the system, and our users would only have to check one place. Not to mention we would have access to all the other features and capabilities that come with a specialized email client. 

I imagine this would be a big undertaking, and I realize it may be a long shot request to make. I'd appreciate your feedback on what you think of the idea and its priority in the context of all the other great improvements you're making.

Thanks guys!

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)