Method Community

customizing new customer

Last post 09-14-2012 3:43 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-14-2012 10:35 AM

customizing new customer

How do i add new fields to the New Customer Table I tried to do it but it dont show up when i open new customer

• 09-14-2012 3:43 PM In reply to

Re: customizing new customer

Answer

millrats:
    How do i add new fields to the New Customer Table I tried to do it but it dont show up when i open new customer

If you made the changes to the table then you'll need to go into the screen deisgner to add those fields to the screen.  We can't automatically add new fields to a screen since it may break things for you.

To add fields to the new customer screen you'll need to customize the CRM_NewCustomer screen.  First start by:

1. Clicking Customize > Screens.
    2. Search this list for CRM_NewCustomer - rollover the name and click copy.  When presented with the options select:
      - copy from: this account 
      - screen name: CRM_NewCustomer(2)
      - add a tab link to the Customers tab.
    3. Click Finish.

After you've made a copy of the page lookup the new screen and click the Edit button beside the name.  Once in the screen designer you'll see a list of fields on the left hand side, to add these to the page just drag it into a section on the left hand side.

If you're new to Method I recommend checking out our webinars section, specifically the one for customization.

~C

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)