Method Community

GPS navigation, tracking, and mobile internet solution for method and QB?

Last post 08-16-2009 11:20 AM by JPJ. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-16-2009 11:20 AM

• JPJ
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-16-2009
    • Posts 7

GPS navigation, tracking, and mobile internet solution for method and QB?

We are a field service company. Our techs will have mobile computers to access method rather than through a cellular device. I feel it will be quicker for them to use and they will use the lap top for accessing manufacaturers sites for tech info. I would like to be able to dispatch a job from Method that the address would go to a navigation device (computer or GPS unit) and give them turn by turn directions to the job, while also being able to track (truck) in the office. With the W.O. entry in Method only. Our techs will be entering their invoices into method on a mobile lap top. I also want the start and stop times to automatically go to method (for that particular W.O.) for billing and QB for payroll. I have looked at Xora, Telanav, Air Track and Tom Tom Work. Does anyone have any suggestions of a package that will do this or can customized intergration be done. If so on what platform? Seems as though most solutions are geared toward the cellular device.  I would like to keep the phones seperate from the navigation, tracking and mobile computing solution.

Thanks

Jim

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)