Method Community

Auto Data Cleanup?

Last post 11-08-2012 1:33 PM by Blake C. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-07-2012 3:47 PM

Auto Data Cleanup?

For some reason a handful of Estimates were purged from the Estimate table for a time period a couple months back. Is there some sort of auto data cleanup task Method has that goes through tables and deletes records that look a certain way? I certainly don't remember removing 40 Estimates on my own. Nor did my salesmen do this.

During that time period (span of a few weeks) a couple months back I think my Estimate screen customizations might have been creating "orphaned" Estimate records. As in, the Sales Rep IDs for Estimates created and saved during this time might have been blank b/c of something I did inadvertently. It's since been fixed but there's a chunk of Estimates that 

Just wondering...

Thx

Blake C
  • 11-08-2012 12:45 PM In reply to

Re: Auto Data Cleanup?

Answer

Hi BlakeC

Blake C:
    Is there some sort of auto data cleanup task Method has that goes through tables and deletes records that look a certain way?

There is no auto data cleanup with Method but what you might be running into is the transaction history setting.  By default we're syncing data for 31 days so if your missing estimates are older you may need to make an adjustments on the QuickBooks > Synchronize page.

You can adjust your transaction history per transaction so you may want to bump your invoices to 60 or 90 days to pull in a little more data.  I caution anyone making changes here to not set this the transaction history too high for all transactions.  This can negatively impact the speed of a full sync.

HTH,

~C

• 11-08-2012 1:33 PM In reply to

Re: Auto Data Cleanup?

YES! That's it. It's the Trans. history setting. I never thought to look at that. I don't do ANY work with QB. I don't even have it installed on my system. So I forget the data created makes it way HOME to QB eventually, but then only gets synced out to Method based on this setting.

I will definitely need to create a QB export -> Method import process at some point in the future that will make historical transaction data available since Method truly is the system where my company will work from now on. There's only one QB license and install in this company.

Thanks again for pointing that out. Now it makes sense why I wasn't seeing it in the Method db.

BC

Blake C
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)