Method Community

Editing Customers

Last post 02-06-2013 10:14 AM by Matt123. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-06-2013 9:25 AM

Editing Customers

So I looked through the forum posts and any that remotely seemed like they might fix this problem such as going to fields/tables of contacts, customers, and entity and resaving them, or going to the actual lead and customer edit screens and republishing them, but the same problem kept occurring. My problem is this: I have a customer that has a few transactions already entered and synced with Quickbooks. At the same time a lead was created by accident with updated information about that same customer. When I tried to add the updated information just by manually inputting it into the customer's fields, it stops me and says that "this customer/employee/vendor/other name could not be sent to Quickbooks. This name is already in use. Please edit the Name so that it is unique and save again." The thing is that I am not syncing with Quickbooks when this is happening. What can I do to fix this?

Matt

• 02-06-2013 9:56 AM In reply to

Re: Editing Customers

Answer

Hi Matt,

Since the Lead already exists as a customer, have you tried deleting the lead?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 02-06-2013 10:14 AM In reply to

Re: Editing Customers

Actually I had not since I did not want to have to copy all of the information down outside of method and then re-enter it. I had been hoping to just be able to flip between screens and enter the data that way. That does work though and I am kicking myself for not just going ahead and taking that extra step to just get it done hah.

Thanks,

Matt

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)