Method Community

How do you set up the Calendar to recognise resourse holidays?

Last post 02-19-2013 1:16 PM by Method_Adam. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-19-2013 1:13 AM

How do you set up the Calendar to recognise resourse holidays?

Hi I'm looking for a way to set up a series of work orders in the calendar but for the system to recognise that holidays I've entered (or other bookings for that matter) are not over-booked  - I know this is possible in the Desktop version, and there has to be a way of arranging the Online version to do a similar thing? In the Desktop version the schedular skips over the holiday, finding the next available date, and ideally running the repeat schedule from that new date.

but how?!

Currently we are inputing dates in two or three stages because of the holiday we observe in the middle of the summer(and that inherently means there's human error on occasions!). be nice if the sytem could do it automatically once all holidays are in place.

• 02-19-2013 1:16 PM In reply to

Re: How do you set up the Calendar to recognise resourse holidays?

Answer

Hi,

On Method CRM for Quickbooks, there is no default way to block off certain dates for holidays in the activity calendar.  This goes for both desktop and online.  You said you could do this in the desktop version, was this through customization?

You can achieve this type of function through customizationYou could create a date check function, where a table with the dates you want blocked is created and used to check those dates a newly created activity.  Additional customization may need to be done to account for a series, as these activities will be created without going through the date check.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)