Method Community

Scheduling & Invoicing

Last post 04-17-2013 3:08 PM by KUpham. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-16-2013 7:06 AM

• KUpham
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-10-2013
    • Posts 7

Scheduling & Invoicing

Hello,

I've only been using Method for about a month, I'm a former QXpress user. I have figured out how to enter employee times for job costing work orders and generating Job Summary Reports. Up until now our jobs have been labor only (ie: Spring Clean Up; Gutter Cleaning etc.). Now we are beginning jobs that have materials. We bill a flat, contracted rate for our services that is inclusive of all labor, materials and subs. I can not figure out how to job cost materials and still have the entire cost of the job on line one of the job items. Here is what I mean...

First line Item: Spring Clean Up/Mulching/Spring Color      $1500.00  (needs to show on invoice)

Second: Pine Bark Mulch (do not want to show on invoice - but need to enter actual costs)

Third: Mixed Pansies  (do not want to show on invoice - but need to enter actual costs)

• 04-16-2013 8:55 AM In reply to

Re: Scheduling & Invoicing

Answer

Hi KUpham,

We actually have an option to uncheck items so that they don't show on an invoice.

The unchecked items won't show when the invoice is created.  This will allow you to enter your job costing as needed on the work order.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 04-17-2013 5:45 AM In reply to

• KUpham
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-10-2013
    • Posts 7

Thanks Adam.

Yes, I am aware of the check box to keep the items from showing on invoices, thanks.

In your example, you are showing service items. What about products. How/where do I enter actual product usage?

Do I have to marke the p[roduct as an inventory item in QB?

I just don't see anywhere to add actual product usage and cost...

Keith

• 04-17-2013 9:53 AM In reply to

Answer

Hi Keith,

I don't think you can specify the item type in QBO.  You can select the type of account, but not the type of item/service.  If you click on Details next to the "On Invoice" checkbox, this will bring up the job costing screen.  From here you can enter your estimated hours and your cost info.

Hope this helps.

Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 04-17-2013 3:08 PM In reply to

• KUpham
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-10-2013
    • Posts 7

Thanks again Adam. It's a bit confusing because you have two areas where you can enter time, but only one screen allows materials/product entry. That weas the missing piece.

Keith

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)