Method Community

Edit New Field

Last post 08-09-2013 5:02 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-09-2013 1:22 PM

• Juliet
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 04-22-2013
    • Toronto, Ontario
    • Posts 7

Edit New Field

HI I created a new field called business with  a dropdown in CRM New Lead(2). I want to be able to edit the values in the dropdown and I can't. It keeps telling me that the field is linked to a screen - which it is - the CRM New Lead (2) Screen. There is an additional value I want to include in the dropdown list.

Thanks,

Juliet

Juliet

Juliet Morris
    Business Development Manager
    juliet@velvetsunrise.ca

Velvet Sunrise Coffee Roasters
    Web Site | Twitter | Facebook
    905.205.0783 | 8-100 Ringwood Drive, Stouffville, ON
    Velvet Sunrise works holistically with independent cafes and businesses that are motivated to improve their taste quality and consistency of product, improve their marketing and brand recognition, reduce cost and waste, while increasing sales, efficiency and profit.
  • 08-09-2013 5:02 PM In reply to

Re: Edit New Field

Answer

Hi Juliet,

I am not sure I understand exactly what you are asking.  I think you are attempting to create a new dropdown field that would be associated with the CRM_NewLead Screen.  If this is the case, then you would have to first create the new "Business" DropDown field in the table that is associated with the CRM_NewLead Screen.  So, for this screen the table would be Customer, so in Customize->Tables/Fields, edit the Customer table.  Add your "Business" Dropdown Field here, during the edit process (Step 3 of 3 when creating a NEW dropdown list) you have the ability to add your dropdown items here.   Also keep in mind, whenever you create a new dropdown field, it actually creates a screen with this same name.  So, once this is complete, and you find that you want to add more items to the dropdown list, you can go to Customize->Screens Tabs, then locate your new screen, which in this scenario would be called "Business". Hover your mouse over the Business Screen name, then click View.  From here you have the ability to add more items at any time.  I hope this helps, please reply here if you require further help, or if I am misunderstood your question about what you are requesting.

- Ben

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)