Method Community

Attach a file to an activity

Last post 08-29-2013 4:35 PM by Method_Adam. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-27-2013 9:29 AM

Attach a file to an activity

I mentioned this in another post but I thought I'd make a specific one for this.

I added an attachment field to the New Activity screen, and users are able to attach documents. However, exporting the table leads to quite a few rows of character strings occupying the entire Certification Document column and spilling over into the first column (Activity Company Name). I believe this is also affecting actions where I loop through the table and sum up some of the values in other columns.

Is there anything different or special I need to do with attachments for this screen? It seems like the only option I have is to remove them.

• 08-27-2013 6:22 PM In reply to

Re: Attach a file to an activity

Hi MikeB,

Sorry I should have mentioned this in the other post. The large amount of character strings you see is the data from the file itself.  If you export the document table, you'll see the same thing under the document field. I don't think would have any affect on the loop actions unless you are tyring to use information from that field itself.

In any case, have you thought about just calling the existing New Document screen in a popup and just linking that document to the activity?

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 08-28-2013 9:24 AM In reply to

One question on that:

When linking to the document, will the URL be for the document itself or for the record in the Documents table. Would I be able to launch the document and print it from the Activity detail page, or would I need to go into the Document record detail page for that document and launch it and print it from there?

• 08-29-2013 4:35 PM In reply to

Answer

Mike,

I would include a grid to document library table, filtered to include only documents to that activity.  You should then be able to launch it from that grid, similar to our Edit Opportunity screen.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)