Method Community

Field Service

Last post 08-30-2013 3:36 PM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-30-2013 12:56 PM

Field Service

We want to use the field service app for work orders that are in house, remote, and onsite.   We need to find a way to disable the required date fields for when it's in house and we process those on a first come first service basis.  I've tried customizing but no luck.   It wants a date there and it wants to put it in the assigned person's calendar.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve

• 08-30-2013 3:36 PM In reply to

Re: Field Service

Answer

Hi Steve,

I believe this could theortically be possible, however I would have to do some further testing to confirm this.  It would also likely require some heavy modification to that screen.  May I ask, why do you want to remove the date completely?  I undestand that when a job is being done in-house, you probably have a queue that you do the jobs as you said, first come first serve.  Is having the date field causing issues with your process?  Would it be possible to assign a future date and just change it when you are actually start working on the job in-house?  Again, I can look into this I just want to make sure that it is worth your while to remove the date from these in-house workorders altogether.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)