How exciting! Reports are a whole other ball game! Getting hardcore Mary
Here are some steps to get you started:
- Click the Customize tab.
- Click Screens.
- Edit the screen with your report.
- Click the Edit button on your report object.
- Here is where you can choose to use an exisiting report or create a new one. In your case, it is most likely a new one. So click Open Report Designer.
- Click File > New.
- Click Connect. (this makes a connection to your database)
- Click the Choose Master Table dropdown list and click the table your screen is based on.
- Enter a report name and description.
- Click Create New Report.
- Design your report as you wish. (a hint: your objects from your table are listed in the top right corner of the screen).
- Once you are done your designing, click File > Save.
- When you click Refresh, on your reports properties screen, you will now see your new report lists.
- Select your new report and click Next.
- Click Finish.
Hope that helps a little.