Method Community

How to determine if a QuickBooks field is available in Method

Last post 09-12-2013 11:19 PM by VLocke. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-03-2013 8:41 PM

How to determine if a QuickBooks field is available in Method

I am trying to determine if the "Location" field in QBO is available in Method.  I have looked on screens and in tables to no avail.  Can you tell me the best way to determine this for this situation and for other fields in the future?  Thank you in advance.

• 09-04-2013 9:20 AM In reply to

Re: How to determine if a QuickBooks field is available in Method

Hi VLocke,

Generally we would look at the Quickbooks API guide to first give us an idea of what fields/tables Method has access to (and what type of access).  I have provided a link here to this page, however this might not give you all the information you require.  Before I can answer your specific question, I need to verify which location field you are referring to, is it the Location Tracking option that QBO offers for transactions?

- Ben

• 09-04-2013 9:50 AM In reply to

Yes, Ben that is the field I am referring to.  I did look at the link you sent me but I can’t really tell how to read it.  I tried using this before I sent the post.

• 09-04-2013 3:33 PM In reply to

Answer

If you are unable to find the field in the QBO API Reference, than that means Method does not have access to that table/field.  This appears to be the case for the QBO Location Tracking feature, as I haven't been able to find it myself.  If I get any further information regarding this, I will make sure to post it in this thread.

- Ben

• 09-12-2013 11:19 PM In reply to

Ben,

Thanks this helped.

VLocke

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)