Method Community

Mobile portal not working

Last post 10-22-2013 10:20 AM by Anonymous. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-17-2013 5:34 PM

Mobile portal not working

I can't get the mobile portal to work properly. I've taken it back to the original screens and tabs but I'm getting a 'referenceError: Can't find variable: WebForm_initCallbackAddField' message on every page.

any suggestions please?

• 10-18-2013 9:59 AM In reply to

Re: Mobile portal not working

Hi Taurusgardening, 

Please confirm what your current setup is, are you referring to the stock Contacts_Portal, which uses the "Contacts Portal" tab? If so, have you changed the tab to show "mobile".  It is hard to know what has happened if you have customized this somewhat. Have you tried creating a new portal from the Portals TabLink?  I suggest to attemp this, and try to rebuild either the original Contacts Portal or create your Mobile Portal and go from there.  

I would also suggest, first, to go to Customize-Tables/Fields, and select "Edit Table" for the table your Portal is based off (contacts?).  Then simply close the pop-up windows with the button labelled, "Finish Editing Fields", this will regenerate your table and might fix the issue.  Let us know if either of these suggestions help or if you are still receiving this error.

-Ben

• 10-19-2013 3:29 PM In reply to

Hi Ben,

I'm at a loss really, i think its the mobile tab group - i.e. when signing in using the mobile sign in, thats when I get the error message and i can't for the life of trace where it's originationg from. i've tried what you mention but to no avail.

• 10-21-2013 8:34 AM In reply to

Taurasgardening,

It would be difficult at this point to determine what is wrong with your portal screen without having a look at it.  I would suggest you turn on MethodSupport, so we can take a quick look at your account to see what is going on.  Please keep in mind that your issue likely has to do with customization, so we can go into your account to confirm this isn't a support related issue, however if we can't find anything support related, and you still can't resolve this issue, you might consider speaking with our Consulting Team to help you get this fixed up, link here.

To turn Method Support on, from within Method, go to Customize->Users, located the MethodSupport user below, and make sure there is a checkmark for the "Active" Column.  Also, please email me privately (email in my signature, or email me through the forums )the CompanyAccount Nname you log in with and your contact details.

-Ben

• 10-21-2013 8:56 AM In reply to

Ok MethodSupport active.

one other issue I'd like to be checked out is why I can't see appointments set in google on the calendar in method - Method sends appts to google ok but I don't seem to be able to see them in Method - I know from the summary in the sync page that the entry is being added but I can't see it coming up on the calendar anywhere.  be obliged for help.

if this all fails, what are the costs involved in Method Consulting services? I am fairly sure I'm going to need help with some areas of the program through the winter to develop areas I need to develop.

I did mention that the error on the mobile sign in only comes up on IOS machines - seems to work fine on a pc or netbook

• 10-22-2013 10:20 AM In reply to

Hi TaurusGardening,

I did take a quick look at your portal screens, both the custom "Customer_Portal" and stock Contacts_Portal. Unfortunately, I can't seem to recreate this error myself, I have logged in to the Contacts_Portal from my PC, MAC, and an iPhone and all loaded just fine with no errors.  Any chance you can give us a screenshot of the error you are referring to?

2) In regards to your question about New Appointments not showing up in your Method Calendar.  When I first went in, I didn't see any recent Activities or Appointments for any users in the Activities List.  However, when I went to export your Activity list, there were actually hundreds already created, included 3 test Activities I created.  Because these Activities show up on the Table export, but not the grid, this somewhat makes sense why they aren't showing up in your Calendar.  The issue here is that I see some customization done on a few of the screens (some could be interacting with your Calendar), and as a Support Rep. we can't troubleshoot custom screens.  

Here is a link to get more information on our Consulting Services, how to contact them, and some pricing.  Consulting should be able to help you work these issues out, and likely can help you over the winter with any other Customization you would like to be done.

-Ben

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)