Method Community

Locking a ticket that someone else is working on

Last post 12-09-2013 12:22 PM by Innovative. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-04-2013 11:14 AM

• Skye
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2012
    • Posts 12

Locking a ticket that someone else is working on

Hi guys,

We have multiple dispatch, and we have run into a couple issues where more than one person is working on a ticket at time, and they end up overwriting each other.  Is there a way to make it so that the ticket is considered "checked out" so that doesn't happen?  As a side, we use ticket, but it could actually be anything. The specific thing I'm talking about is Scheduling app.

Skye

• 12-04-2013 4:38 PM In reply to

Re: Locking a ticket that someone else is working on

Hi Skye,

From stock screens I am not sure this is possible, however please give me some time to look this over and I will get you a firm answer on this.

-Ben

• 12-04-2013 5:43 PM In reply to

• Skye
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-03-2012
    • Posts 12

Hi Ben,

Thanks for looking into this, I have done as much, but I've only been working with method for about a year, so entirely possible that I'm just overlooking it.

• 12-05-2013 9:27 AM In reply to

Hi Skye,

I did look into this a little further, and I was actually given some good suggestions on how you could make your own type of lock.  I haven't had the chance to attempt this myself yet, but figured I would at least give you some ideas while I am working on this.  There are a couple different approaches you could take, to start, you could add a "Lock Button" to the screen being worked on.  So, for your case, your user would open the screen where they create the ticket, once opened they would press the lock button.  The lock button would have actions to "hide" certain sections, or "save" button so that only the person working on the screen currently would be able to manipulate it until they have pressed either the Lock Button again, or an "Unlock Button".

You could also likely do something with the OnScreenLoad action, similar to the button, to hide sections/buttons from anyone else how tries to open the same ticket, if it has already been opened.  If this is a pop-up screen, you could then add an action once PopUpClosed to unlock the ticket again.

As I said, I haven't had a chance to work on this yet, I know our in-house consulting team has been able to use both these types of approaches in the past.  I plan on doing a little testing on this later today or tomorrow morning, and if I can give you any more specifics at this point, I will.  Please let me know if this has helped you figure out a solution in the mean time.

-Ben

• 12-09-2013 12:22 PM In reply to

we have had the same problem 2 people in same work order it happens several times a year

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)