Method Community

Spam Protection?

Last post 01-27-2014 11:11 AM by Anonymous. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-24-2014 4:02 PM

Spam Protection?

I am quite excited about testing out our new web forms and even more excited to discover that they work with our mobile sites as well!

One question though...

Or old web forms had honey pots and Akismet to keep us from getting spams.  Now that the web forms go directly into Method, it seems that spam protection should be extra important.  Nothing like spending valuable time deleting leads in Method because they are spam.

So how do I protect our Method Web Forms from spammers?  I am referring to those automated spambots... not the spammers who actually take the time to fill out a form by hand.  There isn't any protection against them.

Is there some bit of code I can insert to have the form check against a captcha or other anti-spam measure?

Thank you!

Meghan

• 01-27-2014 11:11 AM In reply to

Re: Spam Protection?

Hi Meghan,

Glad to hear you're excited about our web forms. :) The web forms are a very bare-bones way for you to implement it flexibly into any web stack you're on -- that's why we just create a basic HTML form that can easily be integrated. Unfortunately, this means we don't have any built in spam protection the likes of Akismet. However, because it's an HTML form, and the code is fully customizable, you can set-up a Captcha client-side into the form itself.

Hope that helps.

Naeem

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)