Method Community

Xora date parameters & questions

Last post 12-08-2009 4:45 PM by Method_Valbon. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-08-2009 4:45 PM

Xora date parameters & questions

A user had the following questions sent via email:

Val:

Now that I understand the date parameters, I’m not having any problems. Did Method send out any notice or information when the date thing was changed?

I have one other question/comment.  I notice that sometimes when time is edited through Xora first, that Method will not pick it up, especially if the entire entry is edited.

It would be nice to be able to edit consecutive Method data items instead of one at the time, or to be able to edit, for example, job number for several entries. Just a couple of thoughts.

Thanks for your help.

Method Response:

Just a re-cap If you are having trouble fetching time from Xora, try adjusting the two dates in Step 1: Get Xora Time. The date range is treated as if it were Dec-07 to Dec-08. Do not mistake it to work as Dec-07 and Dec-08.

Are you editing the entries in Xora before or after you pull the time into Method? Once an entry is brought into Method it will not be fetched/updated again unless it is deleted from Method first. This is done to ensure there are not duplicate entries brought in. You can delete entries that have already been brought in from Xora in Step 2: Send to QuickBooks under the Connect with Xora screen.

1. Click the GoTo link beside the desired record you want to delete.
    2. On the Xora Time Details screen click the Delete & Close button.
    3. Go back to Step 1: Get Xora Time and get the info from Xora.

If you are looking for an option to edit consecutive entries (multiple records at once) this can be done through some simple customization. What information are you looking to edit in batches? Provide some details here and we can figure out the best approach.

Welcome to our forums!

Val

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)