Method Community

Customized Screen Backup

Last post 02-26-2014 1:29 PM by John M. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-21-2014 6:46 AM

Customized Screen Backup

So now that I've put heaping gobs of labor into customizing Method to fit our company, I'd like to know (really should have asked this question before) what mechanisms are in place for Method to protect my customized screens if something goes haywire with your system?

I have seen the Security statement that talks about backup of our Data... but what about backup of our customized screens?

Thank you!

Meghan

• 02-21-2014 12:00 PM In reply to

Re: Customized Screen Backup

Hello Meghan,

This is a good question especially with all the work you have been putting into customizing your Method Screens.  As you have likely figured out, there isn't really any way for you to backup/download the screens to be saved offline, you can only work with them directly through Method.  I really haven't heard of any Customers loosing screens they have customized or not being able to access them.  Method also keeps backups on behalf of our Customers, so if something were to ever go wrong with your screens, technically we would be able to restore from an older backup on request.

If anything, I would suggest maybe making a copy of your Custom screens, this way, if anything happened to them, or you made a change that messed things up, you could always default to your backup screen.

-Ben

• 02-21-2014 6:33 PM In reply to

• MikeH
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-02-2013
    • Posts 24

+1

This is a feature I would really like to see implemented in a future release, along with the ability to create global functions and some way of doing a for/while loop.

• 02-26-2014 1:29 PM In reply to

Greetigs

I was under the impression that Rackspace hosting was keeping backups as well. The way I look at it, Rackspace this is all they do so I would trust them.  When was the last time the IRS, any major bank ect lost all their customer files? Could they get hecked? yes anything is possible. It would be a peace of mind to be alble to copy the screen to a local hard drive.   

John. 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)