Method Community

Is there a way in Method CRM to generate a new customer report?

Last post 07-11-2014 12:40 PM by Method_Audisho. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-03-2014 9:25 AM

Is there a way in Method CRM to generate a new customer report?

Is there a way to run a report in Method that allows you to see customers that were created after a certain date?

I have noticed that Wwhen you add a new customer to your QuickBooks company file, QuickBooks stores a time createdfield to the record but QB doesnt offer a report that you can sort based on this field, could it maybe be used in method?

Thank you for looking at my question:)

• 07-05-2014 3:16 PM In reply to

• fran
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-08-2009
    • Mountain View
    • Posts 453

Re: Is there a way in Method CRM to generate a new customer report?

HI scottaskinosie ,

Yes this can be done in Method either by adding a screen' showing only New Customers within a date range or by adding a field to your customer screen showing the 'modified date' which you could filter by.. Or by creating a report with the Method Report designer.  Its unfortunate that QB does not give that information on a "list" report on a stock report unless used in a transaction. Any one of the Solution Providers listed on this site should be able to support you with your request.

Fran Reed
    FreedUp Solutions
    Intuit Solution Provider
    Advanced Certified Quickbooks ProAdvisor
    Advanced Method Solution Provider
  • 07-11-2014 12:40 PM In reply to

Re: Is there a way in Method CRM to generate a new customer report?

Hi scottaskinosie,

Building on what Fran said, there are a couple of ways you can accomplish this. In the “Customers” table, there is the field “CreatedDate”. You can add this field to any grid based on the “Customer” table to be able to filter by dates. The grid on the “CRM_CustomerList” screen is actually based on the “Contacts” table. In the “Contacts” table you will use the “EntityCreatedDate” field instead.

Created Date

You can also add a filter rule to the grid which will only show the customers within the date range specified in the filter. This is good if you are often searching within the same range of dates as it will allow you to simply click the filter from a dropdown list instead of having to type in your search as well as allow you to add multiple filters. If you are interested in filtering using the current date as a rule, see my post here for more information on how to accomplish that.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)