Method Community

How to come back from a "go to screen" action?

Last post 07-11-2014 10:36 AM by DanielC. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-11-2014 7:04 AM

How to come back from a "go to screen" action?

Hi there,

I have created a screen with a grid that has an action link, which takes me to the relevant Estimates record in the "Estimates" screen. That works great. However, the Estimate screen opens up under my custom screen tab. The only way to come back to the original custom screen is to refresh and go back.

I am wondering, is there a way to come back to the original screen in one step? Instead of this akward workaround.

Thanks 

• 07-11-2014 8:43 AM In reply to

Re: How to come back from a "go to screen" action?

Answer

Hi Daniel,

When you copy a Method stock screen for customization, you have the option to completely replace the original with that copy. The copy will replace the stock screen in any tab links or actions in Method. If this is done, any actions that would have originally opened the stock screen will now open the copy. If, however, you chose not to replace the stock screen with this copy, or if this screen was created from scratch, you will need to customize the “Estimates” screen to link back to your custom screen. You can do this by changing the “Go To” action in the buttons on the “Estimates” screen. If your customized screen has a tab link, I recommend using the “Go To Tab Link” action as it will take you back to the screen under the correct tab. If you continue to have issues after doing this, you may want to consider changing the “Go To Screen” action on your customized screen to “Go To Tab Link”. This way it will re-direct you to the proper tab/link instead of just simply opening the screen under the current tab/link.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 07-11-2014 10:36 AM In reply to

Re: How to come back from a "go to screen" action?

Hi Audisho,

Again, great reply. Thats sorted now and the screen is fully operational. Thank you. 

Daniel

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)