Method Community

Fundamental Flow Missing for me

Last post 11-27-2014 10:39 AM by Method_Adam. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-25-2014 9:51 AM

Fundamental Flow Missing for me

Fundamental Flow Missing for me.

I am a quickbooks online user.

Trying to do my basic business flow with beta.

• Can't create an invoice from an estimate.  I understand that this is part of the Sales order missing but I still need to create an invoice from an estimate or something.
    • I liked the Idea of a sales order when I first looked at Beta.  I think it would be quite functional for me.
    • I need connectivity with Google calendar & contacts. Beta just says not connected & I don't see how to do it.
    • Functionality of a Work Order or a Sales order with scheduleing.

My thoughts for the day.....Grif

• 11-27-2014 10:39 AM In reply to

Re: Fundamental Flow Missing for me

Hi Grif,

I'm going to address your thoughts in order.

1. Creating an Invoice from an Estimate is not something that is allowed through the API. This is why there is no stock functionality for this. As there is in Classic, there is still the option to make a Method-only solution for this.
    2. Sales Order are not actually part of the work flow in QBO. They are only available in QuickBooks for Desktop. I believe the app shows due to it being part of desktop. This is something we will clean up so that QuickBooks Onlline users won't see apps and screens that are not available for their versions of QuickBooks.
    3. The Google Calendar connectivity is coming. Its in our pipeline, unfortunately I don't have an ETA.
    4. The Scheduling and Invoicing app is also in the pipeline. Again no ETA, but it is definitely part of the plan for Method:New.

I hope this answers you questions. Please keep the feedback coming!

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)