Method Community

Method:New Feedback and questions

Last post 05-06-2015 5:01 PM by Method_Audisho. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-06-2015 1:18 PM

Method:New Feedback and questions

Overall, I like the new look and functionality.  It does take some getting used to if you are comfortable with Method:Old.  I'm not sure it has all of the functionality that is available in M:O, but that may be by design.

Questions/Suggestions:

1) It would be nice to have the cursor/pointer start spinning, or something, so that you know that your "click" is processing.  I find my work flow slowed because I click, thinking that I'm on my way to a new screen, when in fact nothing has happened.

2)  Please make ENTER perform the same function as clicking on the search magnifying glass.

3)  Will solutions be available via M:N?  I see no place for them.

4)  In M:O, it was possible to link a solution to a document stored elsewhere.  Is a similar functionality available in M:N, whether or not it is associated with Solutions.  I'd like to create a button that opens up a document on my server.

5)  I have read about App Ribbons and watched the tutorials; however, I cannot find any place that shows whether or not a specific app will appear on another app's ribbon, nor can I see how to edit the funtionality of the apps on the ribbons.  Example:  In the View Contact screen, when you click on Sales Receipt, it brings up a list of 5 SR's.  What if I wanted that to display 10 or 15?  Is this editable?

6)  I want to change what is displayed when I click on the Sales Receipt button in the App Ribbon.  I found where that can be done, but when I attempt to do so, it says that only the publisher can make these changes.

7)  Although I have changed the preference to have commas used in my numbers, this is not working.  The "Use thousands separator" is turned on, but no commas.

8)  Some of the tutorials appear to be dated already.  He shows a button or certain choices that do not exist.  They are still useful, though.

9)  When I am in the View Contact screen and looking at a specific customer, something very odd is happening.  In the header there are three lines: contact, company, and entity.  In this one particular contact where the contact and company are one in the same, there are three words: Artemis Rising Foundation.  In the Contact line, the "g" does not appear.  I have checked every place imaginable for a misspelling, but they are all correct.

10)  Tags - These would be very useful if there was a single tag list rather than one for contacts and other(s) for other purposes.  There is a Tag option in the Sales Receipt screen, but it is not the same Tags as in the contact screen.  Why? I would like to be able to link a specific transaction from a customer to a specific vendor and it seems like a common tag would be ideal.

Mario

• 05-06-2015 5:01 PM In reply to

Re: Method:New Feedback and questions

Answer

Hi Mario,

Sorry for the delayed response. It took me some time to verify all of the information.

We prefer to call it Method Classic (M:C). Method Old just doesn’t quite have the same ring to it. Nevertheless, thanks for the feedback. I will address each point individually as you did.

1) I agree that it is often difficult to tell if a screen is still loading. I have created a feature request ticket so that our development team can investigate the possibility of adding some sort of easily visible indicator of this.

2) If your cursor is inside of the search box (i.e. you are able to type inside of it), then selecting the magnifying glass and hitting enter / return on your keyboard will produce the same results. Maybe you have this mixed up with the advanced search button which is a bigger magnifying glass with a ‘+’ sign.

3) We plan to introduce solutions or some sort of equivalent feature in M:N, but have not confirmed anything specific yet. This is one of the lesser used features in Method and, as such, has been prioritized accordingly. I cannot provide an ETA for when this will be available.

4) I can only assume this functionality will be available, but again since we have not confirmed anything specific for solutions, I cannot confirm this either.

5) The number of records that are displayed for a particular app in an app ripon is configured within the app itself. In your case, you would find this setting by editing the Sales Receipts app and navigating to Configure > App Ribbon. You are unable to make changes to the default app ribbon (you won’t even see it in the list), so you will need to add and configure your own. Once you have done this, you will need to edit the screen and select the app ribbon that you created in place of the default one.

6) Same idea as #5. You will need to create and configure your own app ribbon.

7) It looks like there’s a bug here. When you edit a screen and set a numerical field to use the thousand separator, this property appears to be changed for all numerical fields on the screen. When you save and view the screen, this does not appear to be the case.

I have created a ticket for the development team to investigate. For now you can fix this by explicitly selecting the Yes option on each numerical field that you want to use the thousand separator and saving the screen.

8) As you know, we are currently in beta so we are constantly making changes based on feedback and to fix bugs and inconsistencies. Our documentation for M:N is on ongoing effort and we will continue to make changes to it as we make changes to M:N. The documentation may just be a little bit behind what we have released.

9) The first line of a record on the contact’s list is a combination of the Contacts.FirstName and Contacts.LastName fields. After that I believe is the Entity.CompanyName and finally the Entity.EntityType fields.

10) I have been informed that this has been brought up a number of times. As such, I have put in a feature request ticket for the development team to investigate the possibility of adding this functionality.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)