Method Community

Write off extra amount while applying Receive Payment

Last post 05-14-2015 2:07 PM by alexhuang. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-14-2015 11:58 AM

Write off extra amount while applying Receive Payment

Hi, 

In Quickbooks, when creating a receive payment, if amount-due does not match payment, an option is provided to keep this receive payment as underpayment or allow me to write off the extra amount.

In Method, how can I do this? I can not find it in receive payment screen. Or, if I want to do it in action, which table should I work on? Thanks.

[Also, if I partial pay in receive payment in Method, after sync to QBs, I can not see this option in QuickBooks. However, if I pay in full (in Method), then adjust partial payment in QBs, then I am allowed to write off extra amount in QBs.]

--

Alex

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    www.yisystems.com blogs.yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
  • 05-14-2015 1:02 PM In reply to

Re: Write off extra amount while applying Receive Payment

Answer

Hi Alex,

Unfortunately, it’s not possible for Method to mirror this functionality. QuickBooks uses some calculations that are not available to us to create a write-off, even going as far as creating a Discount transaction type.

There may be ways in which you can work around this such as automating the creation of a credit memo or applying a discount transaction line to the invoice. You would need to check with your accountant before doing this, as I’m unsure if this would have the same affect on your accounting as a write-off.

While Method can replicate a lot of the functionality of QuickBooks, it’s not possible for us to do so with every aspect. Method is a CRM that integrates with QuickBooks, not a complete accounting platform. When you run into uncommon scenarios such as the need to write-off the remainder of an underpayment, it may be best to continue entering this manually in QuickBooks.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
  • 05-14-2015 2:07 PM In reply to

Re: Write off extra amount while applying Receive Payment

Thanks.