Method Community

Purging

Last post 06-05-2015 8:48 AM by Method_Audisho. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-04-2015 5:27 PM

Purging

I have a new QBOE company file (its my pracice in QBOA) and have imported lists and invoices.  It is attached to Method, so Method has data plus some activities I've added.  I'm considering purging the QBOE data by means of importing an empty QuickBooks desktop data file because I want to make some major changes in QuickBooks.  What would happen with Method?  would it put all the data right back into QuickBooks when it syncs?  could I effectively erase everything in Method by controlling the direction of the sync?  I would be happy if Method were purged as well, so the new struture of the QuickBooks company would sync into Method.  Are there better alternatives I should consider?

• 06-05-2015 8:48 AM In reply to

Re: Purging

Answer

Hi L.Sheaffer,

I suggest that you instead cancel your current Method account and start a new one. I believe that once you purge your data from QBO, this will create several conflicts in Method, as it will no longer be able to locate data that it expects to find. This will also fail to remove any Method only data, such as the activities you have created.

I don’t believe Method will push any missing data back into QBO, but just to be safe, I recommend using the following order:

1) Cancel your current Method account. You can do this from your Subscription Portal located under Customize > My Account.

2) Purge your QBO data.

3) Sign up for and connect to a new Method account.

If you follow these directions, you should not have any issues purging your QBO data.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)