Method Community

Import xml file to sales order

Last post 06-10-2015 4:17 PM by Method_Audisho. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-10-2015 3:51 PM

Import xml file to sales order

I am trying to figure out how to import an xml file to populate sales order fields.

GoCanvas.com fields can be exported to an xml file. 

I want to import that to Method CRM and use the data to create new sales orders.

I also want to attach the pictures from GoCanvas.com to the customer's document link.

• 06-10-2015 4:17 PM In reply to

Re: Import xml file to sales order

Answer

Hi Stephen,

You can use Method’s Import / Export tool for importing data, but it only accepts CSV files. If GoCanvas.com allows you to export as a CSV great! Otherwise, you may be able to make use of some type of XML to CSV conversion tool.

You’ll want to keep in mind that your sales orders and their line items are stored in 2 separate tables, SalesOrder and SalesOrderLine respectively. This may complicate things if you are attempting to import them as one since the SalesOrderLine records need to be linked to the SalesOrder records via the SalesOrder.RecordID field.

As for attaching pictures from your GoCanvas.com account to your Method customer documents, I believe you will need to do this manually. You will need to retrieve the image file from GoCanvas.com and then attach it via the Documents tab on the Edit Customer screen.

Alternatively, you can make use of Method’s API for building an integration tool to connect your Method and GoCanvas.com data. While anyone can make use of the API, you need a good amount of software development knowledge to do so. This is something you may need to consider hiring a developer to build.

I hope this helps.

-Audisho

Edit: My apologies Stephen, it’s been a long day. I didn’t realize that this post was made to the API forums. Have you have a look at the API documentation user guide, specifically MethodAPIInsertV2 (page 17) and MethodAPIInsertFile (page 21)? If this doesn’t help, please post back with specifically what you are having trouble with and hopefully one of our developers can reply with some additional details.

Audisho Sada
    Product Manager
    Method:CRM
    a.sada@method.me
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238
    Local & Overseas: 416.847.0400
    Fax: 416.640.6027
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)