Method Community

Overdue Invoices

Last post 10-28-2015 10:44 AM by Pioneer_Feed. 30 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (31 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-30-2015 11:05 AM

Overdue Invoices

Ok, 

Theris probably an easy or existing way of doing this, but being very new to method, I haven't found it!

I want to scan for all the due invoices on a daily or weekly basis  ( pref. automaticaly!) and put the details into a table. This would allow me to create a report for internal use, and to send out a reminder email. The reason being, we are a pet supplies business, and we supply wormer treatments that are repeated every 3 months. These are registered on Quickbooks under special customer names for legal reasons. We would like to be able to automate the process of reminding these customers to come in for their next dose.

So, what I am aiming for is something like this:

1 scan customer details to find those who are wormer customers, 

2 scan this customers invoices to see when they last purchased,

3 if the date was (x) months ago, put the details in a table

4 create a report from that table which we can view as required

5 send a reminder to these customers

I am guessing this is similar to the process for an overdue invoice email, but can't see how this is set up. I may be over complicating this a bit, so any input gratefully received!

• 07-30-2015 4:18 PM In reply to

Re: Overdue Invoices

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no way to automate the sending out of the notificiation.  These must be sent out by a Method user when they click an event (a button for example). You can see THIS post for a more detailed discussion.  In the post, Jason mentions that you can use the Listbuilder to send out the notifications in batches.

Take a look at our Help Center article on using the ListBuilder HERE -- this maybe an efficient solution for you. 

If not report back here and we can work through an alternative route to take.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 08-03-2015 6:23 AM In reply to

Shame we can't automate, but one day.....

Anyway, trying to attack this from a different angle. As I have said, very new to this so bear with me, I may be trying to re-invent the wheel!

How to go about achieving the following:-

1 User clicks button on screen

2 Method filters contacts table for those with a specific tag

2 Uses result to find overdue invoices for these contacts

3 Delivers these results into a table, which is displayed

4 The user can then click another button to generate a list for an email reminder

Hope thats as clear as fog!

• 08-03-2015 1:37 PM In reply to

Hey,

We can do that with Method, I would categorize it under Intermediate to Advanced. 

There a few different routes to take. here is one approach working with the Contacts Table:

1) Add a Grid object and attach a Filter to the Grid: (where 'Tag' = to the Tag you have chosen)

The Grid now shows the list of your Customers from the correct Tag group.

2) On the Contacts Table there is a field called 'Balance' - add that to the Grid. Set a Filter that has Balance Greater Than 0 

3) Now we need to retrieve the last invoice date and determine if it falls after the Overdue date (X).

Using a SQL Override we can pull that date from the Invoice table onto our Grid. Start by adding a new field to the Contacts Grid 'LastInvoiceDate' then go back into the Grid object add that field and click Advanced and the SQL we will be using will be:

select Max(viewaccInvoice.TxnDate)
    FROM viewaccInvoice
    WHERE viewaccInvoice.Customer = viewContacts.Entity

If you are unfamiliar with SQL this is pulling that last(max) transaction invoice date from the invoice table. 

Now the tricky part, filtering the Grid to only show Invoices greater than X (overdue).

OnScreenLoad you will need to Retrieve the current date from Session, using the Date Function you can take that and calculate which Overdue date range you want (i.e. > 3months). Assign that to a field on screen, now in the Grid you will need to filter LastInvoiceDate to that field on screen. (you can hide that obj on screen).

4) Lastly we need a button to send out the emails. You can add a button obj and add an event OnClick that will Loop Through the Grid, within the Loop add a Send Email action where the Email To: field will be equal to Value From Row = Email.

This action will take quite a bit of time since it will be Looping Through each record and sending an email. 

If you're unfamiliar with customization, I'd suggest going over our Customization Webinars before attempting a project like this.  We also have in-house consultants that can help you with a project like this or alternatively you can contact a Method Solution Provider.  If you'd like to speak with a consultant, please let me know.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 08-05-2015 10:11 AM In reply to

Mmmm..

Working to a point, but I think the problem is in the SQL (My interpretaton/implementation not your code!!)

When I insert the SQL into the advanced section, The result in the field looks as below:-

Here Is how I input the SQL code

Quite prepared to believe that it is my error, as I have never used SQL.

One more thing, I only seem to be able to filter as Equal to, there is no greater or less than option. Can work arround this, but it would be useful to allow us to catch any we have missed.

• 08-05-2015 12:10 PM In reply to

Hey,

The screenshots are not loading up, do you mind reposting with the screenshots?

I use imgur.com to host the image and then copy the Direct URL it gives after the upload is complete.

Then click on  and insert using the URL.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 08-06-2015 4:30 AM In reply to

Sorry About That!

The First Picture was

Second

Cheers

• 08-06-2015 9:08 AM In reply to

Hey,

The LastInvoiceDate field you created - is it a DateTime field?

Head over to Customize > Tables/Fields > Look for the field you created and make sure the Field Type is DateTime.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 08-06-2015 10:44 AM In reply to

Duh! do I feel dum!!

Fixed that now, but I still end up with the field blank in the Grid.

• 08-06-2015 11:14 AM In reply to

Hi,

You must have had to create a new field, since you are unable to edit the Field Type after Field creation.

Make sure you add the new DateTime field to the Grid, and same procedure Advanced > Input SQL.

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 08-26-2015 6:05 AM In reply to

Hi Mortaza, 

Having done a bit of digging on Quickbooks, it seems that these sales do not show as invoices, but as Sales Reciepts, so this may explain why things are not working as they should! My appologies for supplying duff information!

Ted

• 08-26-2015 9:57 AM In reply to

Hey Ted,

Thanks for the follow up, I'm glad we found the root issue :).

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 08-26-2015 10:06 AM In reply to

Hi,

My problem now is that it is searching for the invoives with SQL, so how do I get it to look for Sales Reciepts instead. (complete SQL novice here!)

Ted

• 08-26-2015 10:23 AM In reply to

Hey Ted,

You will just need to change Invoice to SalesReceipt. For the TxnDate example:

select Max(viewaccSalesReceipt.TxnDate)
    FROM viewaccSalesReceipt
    WHERE viewaccSalesReceipt.Customer = viewContacts.Entity

- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 09-03-2015 6:28 AM In reply to

Hi Mortaza,

That seems to work, except it has only populated one field in the grid.  I have only tagged about 30 customers so far, for testing purposes, and it finds all of them ok. However it only populates the sales receipt field of one of them. When I created a test transaction of the same date in another customer it appeared in the grid. It seems to ignore anything pre August this year. ( FYI, I have not implemented a date filter as yet, so that should not be blocking results.)

Ted

Page 1 of 3 (31 items) 1 2 3 Next >