Method Community

Error Generating Grid when Access DatePicker data from Grid SQL Override

Last post 10-07-2015 11:05 AM by Method_Morty. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-06-2015 11:18 PM

Error Generating Grid when Access DatePicker data from Grid SQL Override

Hi,

I have a customize Screen with two date picker and one GRID,

In one column of the Grid, I use "SQL Override" and access to these two date picker. The problem is, when the screen is loaded at the first time, it works. Once I change one of the date picker to different date, then refresh the grid, it shows "Error Generating Grid". However, if I change the date back to original date and refresh the grid, then it is ok again.

Here is my SQL code:

SELECT Count(RecordID) FROM viewIEMContainer WHERE viewIEMContainer.AssociatedItem = viewIEMReportItemAndGrossSales.ItemFullName AND viewIEMContainer.IEMTradeStatus = 'Sold' AND viewIEMContainer.IEMReceivePaymentTxnDate >'dat152406031016191919' AND viewIEMContainer.IEMReceivePaymentTxnDate < 'dat152406031016202020'

What I want to do is to find counts of records within a date range, and users can adjust this date range.

The question is: is it ok to access date picker from SQL? Is it correct to access those data picker by Object ID? If that is fine, what is the possible reason to cause this error generating grid error?

Thanks.

Alex

Chief Architect
    Yi Systems, Inc.
    alexhuang@yisystems.com
    www.yisystems.com blogs.yisystems.com
    Software.Web.Cloud.IT
  • 10-07-2015 11:05 AM In reply to

Re: Error Generating Grid when Access DatePicker data from Grid SQL Override

Answer

Hey Alex,

Don't access the DatePicker from SQL, rather first transfer the data from the DatePicker formatted into a Textbox (you can make it hidden). Then access the Textbox from SQL.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)