Method Community

Time stamp showing UTC time not local

Last post 02-16-2016 11:21 AM by Method_Morty. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-11-2016 3:16 PM

Time stamp showing UTC time not local

Hi,

I posted an activity just a few minutes ago in Method and see that the time stamp for it is showing UTC time (I am PST to help understand...  that's 8 hours ahead). I researched the topic through the forum and see this has come up before in 2014...  can someone advise how to change it locally or is this a Method concern?

Thanks

Brian

• 02-16-2016 9:23 AM In reply to

Re: Time stamp showing UTC time not local

Hey BBQ Brian,

Date and time values are always stored in UTC. They then get converted per local machine. As you stated this would mean UTC+8 as UTC is 8 hours ahead of PST.

I suggest reviewing your systems date and time settings. Any errors will result in incorrect calculations. First start at OS level (Windows, OSX) then move up to browser level (FireFox, IE).

If after reviewing the above settings and the date and time are still showing incorrectly, reply back here and I can have a member from our Support team reach out and take another look with you.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 02-16-2016 9:58 AM In reply to

Gotcha.

I found that system setting was not "turned on" for time zone.  Changed that then added an activity within Method....  it still shows +8 hours from local time (UTC + 8).

I use Chrome as my predominant browser... not sure if there are Chrome date/time settings. I'll Google that....  however might be a support call.

Brian

• 02-16-2016 11:21 AM In reply to

Thanks for the follow up. I have created a Support case and added to the notes our information thus far; a member should be in touch shortly.

For refererence: Case #18791.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)