Method Community

PO Number field not showing on Invoice

Last post 03-01-2016 9:56 AM by BBQ Brian. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-16-2016 4:30 PM

PO Number field not showing on Invoice

I am trying to understand the field PONumber and why it is missing from the Invoice (create new) screen.

I went through the process to add it to the screens (customize screens) however the field does not show up on the displayed screen. So next I wanted to educate myself on how to customize a screen and looked at the help center information.

On the "Create An Invoice" deascription in the help area, THERE IS A PO NUMBER field!!  Why is this appear to be a standard field in the instruction manuals however not in the actual app?

reference: https://www.methodintegration.com/method/kb.aspx?folder=method&article=Create-an-invoice&id=754

Help?

Brian

• 02-17-2016 9:35 AM In reply to

Re: PO Number field not showing on Invoice

Hey Brian,

Behind the scenes the PONumber field is there on the screen. But there is a condition to check if your are a QuickBooks Online user, if so: then HIDE the PONumber field.

At the moment we are not syncing over PurchaseOrders over (hence no PurchaseOrder Sales Transaction app). It's on the roadmap and actively being worked on now, I'll bookmark our thread here - as soon as I receive news that it has been released I'll update our thread.

Also sent a note to our Education team to add a note to the help center article with this information. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
    Method:CRM
  • 02-17-2016 10:30 AM In reply to

Thanks for the reply. 

So, yes, we are QBO users. I am unsure what you mean by "HIDE" the field? Can you clarify?

Is this something I can change so I will be functional or...  wait for Method to update?

Thanks

Brian

• 02-17-2016 11:10 AM In reply to

Nothing you can change, you will need to wait for the Method update that will allow support for QBO PurchaseOrders.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 02-17-2016 11:17 AM In reply to

Actually, to clarify....  it's not QBO Purchase Order but simply a customer supplied field...  Purchase Order. At the possible expense of over clarifying, our customers often send us a PO with the quantities they want to order...  where do I put the PO so that it is recorded on the Invoice?

• 02-17-2016 12:21 PM In reply to

That's definitely possible.

First head over to the Invoice table and create a custom Method field, along the lines of "methodPONumber" stay away from naming it "PONumber" or "PurchaseOrderNumber" just so it doesn't fault in conflicts in the future when Method adds those fields.

Once you have the field in your Invoice table,

- Head over to your Invoice New/Edit screen.

- Customize the screen by dragging the field you adding to the table onto the screen itself

I added it just under the existing POField thats hidden.

Give that a shot, let me know if you run into any issues.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 02-19-2016 10:57 AM In reply to

Well, small steps...  

I added the field to the table then went to duplicate the screen and add the field.  Once duplicated, field added, saved then tested, an error message popped up.

I then removed the added field, saved it and tested it again...  adding a new invoice, fails.

I then deleted the newly added "New/Edit Invoice" screen and attempted it again.  That is, make a copy of the screen...  NO new fields added. Then upon addin a new invoice, I get a screen that indicates:

The ActiveRecordChange event for New / Edit Invoice(2) failed to complete.

Stack Trace:#2 - Action Set (btnGridAppearance_onClick), #2 - Condition, #1 - SetViewFilter (If)

Please verify and try again. If the problem persists please contact Method Technical Support.

Stuck.

Brian

• 02-24-2016 9:27 AM In reply to

Hey Brian,

If you would like to activate the MethodSupport User on your account and private message me your compant account name, I can log in from my end and take a peek at what's going on.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 02-24-2016 10:58 AM In reply to

Yup. Activated

• 02-24-2016 12:41 PM In reply to

Hey Brian,

It seems like you may have added the customization to your "Add/Edit Item(2)" screen.? That's just an assumption, because I don't see any customization done to your "New/Edit Invoice" screen. But as you stated you may have just removed the screen. 

The best way to customize the correct screen and automatically adjust the redirects is to:

- Open up any existing invoice you currently have.

- Once you are are on the Invoice (it should state "New/Edit Invoice" in your Window Tab name)

- Head into the top right gear icon and click on Customize Screen

- Click on "Create a copy" this will handle the redirects

- Now drag and drop the field you created onto the screen as per my prior post into the section 

- Save & Close

You should now see it displayed on the screen.

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 02-24-2016 12:48 PM In reply to

I needed to delete the copied "New/Edit Invoice" screen because even without any added fields it provided the error already noted above.

Your path does not work.

Brian

• 02-24-2016 1:16 PM In reply to

I'm not sure what customization was done to your "New/Edit Invoice(2)" screen for it to be corrupted.

Go into the Manage for the Invoices app (ellipses on the Invoice tile). If all you have tried to done is to add a field onto the screen, then delete the "New/Edit Invoice(2)" and make sure there are no Redirects set to your "New/Edit Invoice".

Now the above steps I listed should work, because you are nowable to access your "New/Edit Invoice" screen.

Give that a shot

-- Mortaza

Morty Barighzaai
    Customer Success Manager
  • 02-24-2016 1:29 PM In reply to

Can we do a screen share?  Doing this via the forum is painful.

• 02-24-2016 4:50 PM In reply to

Same errors repeat.

No progress

• 03-01-2016 9:56 AM In reply to

I'm still trying to accomplish this task...  by copying a screen, even without any revisions/additions, the error pops up.

Any other ideas what to look into?

Brian

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)