Method Community

Multiple contacts for an opportunity

Last post 02-17-2016 11:41 AM by s.mcneal. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-17-2016 11:41 AM

• s.mcneal
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-27-2011
    • Trumbull, CT
    • Posts 24

Multiple contacts for an opportunity

this has been a problem for me in both Method Classic and Method New. Currently, I am working on an opportunity for a business that has two partners. Closing the sale requires activities with both of them; however, (1) the opportunities screen does not let me add the second partner to the company and (2) Method displays an error message saying I am attempting to re-enter an existing comapny when I try to enter the second partner as a contact from the contact screen. 

Most of the time closing a sale requires converations with multiple people, sometimes they are in the target company and sometimes they are not. The partners fall in the first category. Othersiwe, many times I need to talk to a second comapny to gather data. This happens when apps are involved for pricing and/or technical questions. Can;t seem to find a way to gather this stuff up in one place. 

In the second case, I can have the same vendor as a contact for multiple clients, many times with different contacts for different opporutnities. Just made notes (without a contact) on those conversations and enter the vendor's name, etc in the notes field. 

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)