Method Community

Email Send Failure Alert: Mailbox name not allowed. Relaying disallowed

Last post 03-13-2016 7:59 PM by Method_Adam. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-09-2016 10:57 AM

• l.brandow
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-18-2011
    • American Fork, Utah
    • Posts 243

Email Send Failure Alert: Mailbox name not allowed. Relaying disallowed

When sending an email from Method I get this error emailed to me instead. The problem is it will work for weeks, then stop working. It's mysterious. 

Subject[Method Integration] Eamil Send Failure Alert

Body: 

Email Send Failure Alert

The following email failed to send. Method has tried to send this email via your specified mail server a total of 5 times, approximately 5 minutes apart, before giving up.

Mail Server

smtp.zoho.com

Response from Mail Server

Mailbox name not allowed. The server response was: Relaying disallowed as "lance@brandowconsulting.com"

Company Account

TastyPuff

Server User

jadah@tastypuff.com

Use SSL?

True

Port

From Name

lance@brandowconsulting.com

From Address

lance@brandowconsulting.com

To

jadah@tastypuff.com

CC

BCC

Subject

Body

Tips:

• If some emails are working and some are not working, chances are you are using a bad email address. Ensure the sender email address is permitted to send through this email server, and that the 'To' email address is valid.
    • If you are sending email with SSL, try going to Customize > My Account > Default Email Preferences and changing the port to 587. If that doesn't work, try 465. Most SSL servers support one or the other.
    • If you are sending email with SSL, make sure your email server truly supports it. Try going to Customize > My Account > Default Email Preferences and changing the SSL on and off to see what is permitted.
    • If you are getting a 'Relaying Denied' or 'Unable to relay' error, please ask your email server administrator to disable or remove any 'POP-Before-SMTP' settings - which are not supported by Method.
    • For more tips visit the Method CRM Help Center

Lance Brandow
    Method Customization Expert
    Brandow Consulting
    (801) 687-3254
  • 03-13-2016 7:59 PM In reply to

Re: Email Send Failure Alert: Mailbox name not allowed. Relaying disallowed

Hi Lance,

The failure you're seeing is coming from the SMTP server. It's basically saying that the open relay protocol (which is what we use for sending emails), is disallowed for your email address. Since I don't know the email server setup, I couldn't tell you why its with your email or why it happens on occassion. Perhaps there's a limit that's being reached? Just speculating though. I would recommend speaking with the email server admin if you're able to.

Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)