Method Community

Name needed for check, even though there are no reimburseable expenses.

Last post 08-23-2010 3:12 PM by Anonymous. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-22-2010 1:26 PM

Name needed for check, even though there are no reimburseable expenses.

Hi,

I set myself up as a user with the default transaction type of Check.  I entered an expense that used the Credit Card - Company payment type, and was thus, non-reimburseable.  When I tried to process the transaction after approval, it gave me an error message saying it needed a payee name on the check, even though I was not to be reimbursed for anything.  Am I doing something wrong?

Tim Grant
    Owner, Business Solutions Providers
    San Francisco
  • 08-23-2010 10:33 AM In reply to

Re: Name needed for check, even though there are no reimburseable expenses.

Answer

Hi Tim,

It sounds to me like you are doing everything correctly.  The screen checks to see if a "Bank Account" has been specified if the type of transaction for the user is "Check" as this is a required field.  All you need to do is select a "Bank Account" and then click "Process Report".  It will not send over any check since no items are entered in and will only send over a Credit Card charge.

Let me know if that works.   

• 08-23-2010 11:51 AM In reply to

Hi Danny,

No, I had already selected a bank account before the error message appeared.  That does not seem to be part of the problem.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks!

Tim Grant
    Owner, Business Solutions Providers
    San Francisco
  • 08-23-2010 12:01 PM In reply to

BSP-Tim:

Hi Danny,

No, I had already selected a bank account before the error message appeared.  That does not seem to be part of the problem.  Any other suggestions?  Thanks!

The best way for me to figure this out is to take a look at it.  Can you please enable to Method Support user under the Users tab and email me your Company Account name?  d.docouto@methodintegration.com

Please let me know what the ER# is for the expense report you are trying to process.

Thanks,

Danny

• 08-23-2010 3:12 PM In reply to

Answer

BSP-Tim:

Hi Danny,

Tim,

I just wanted to share with the group our findings for resolving this issue.  

One of the first things we noticed was that although you were using the payment method "Credit Card - Company" no credit card was specified in MER for QuickBooks.  In order to resolve this, we checked the checkbox for "Is assigned to User?" and selected a Credit Card in QuickBooks for this type of payment method.  

The second thing we needed to do is edit the user and made sure that a link was made to the employee/vendor/other name in QuickBooks.  Once we did this we were able to send over Tim's first expense report to QuickBooks. Big Smile

I've also made a suggestion to see if we can put some additional checking in place to ensure beginners of the app set this up when creating their users in Method Expense Reports.

- Danny

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)