Method Community

Install error?

Last post 08-26-2010 2:55 PM by Anonymous. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-25-2010 3:44 PM

Install error?

I installed the beta but the Expenses tab was not added to my Method Account.  Only the Process Exepsnes and Approve Expenses tabs are visible. 

• 08-25-2010 3:54 PM In reply to

Re: Install error?

Hi Steven,

That is very strange.  If you have those tabs you should really see the others.  Lets check a few things first.

1. Go to Customize > Tab Groups / Roles.
    2. Scroll to the very bottom of the roles list and you should see 4 roles created for you:
      • Expense Reports
      • Employees and Vendors
      • Managers
      • Accounting and Admins
    3.  Each of these roles should have tabs assigned to them.  The tabs should be as follows (in orange)
      • Expense Reports > Expenses, Approve Expenses, Process Expenses
      • Employees and Vendors > Expenses
      • Managers > Approve Expenses
      • Accounting and Admins > Process Expenses
    You'll also want to check to see if your tabs have been created properly after importing the app.  You should see 3 new tabs were created.  
    1. Expenses
    2. Approve Expenses
    3. Process Expenses
    Can you reply back and let me know what you find?  Also, which role do you currently have active in the top right corner of your screen?
    Thanks,
    Danny

• 08-25-2010 3:59 PM In reply to

I just updated the post as well.  I made a comment about 3 roles being imported.  It is actually 4 roles that are imported.  :)

Danny

• 08-25-2010 4:11 PM In reply to

Steven sent in the following reply via email:

Danny,

I have only the Expense Reports and Employees & Vendors roles.

I am logged in as admin.

The Expenses tab is missing.

• 08-25-2010 4:14 PM In reply to

Method_Danny:

Steven sent in the following reply via email:

Danny,

I have only the Expense Reports and Employees & Vendors roles.

I am logged in as admin.

The Expenses tab is missing.

Steven,

When you check the list of tab groups/roles, are they all not listed as I put in my example?  I just want to verify that this isn't an issue of you not assigning the proper role to yourself vs. them not being created for you automatically when importing the app.  If you didn't assign the roles to yourself, it would never appear in the top right dropdown list.

Please let me know.

Danny

• 08-25-2010 4:24 PM In reply to

No, as I said, only the Expense reports and  Employees & Vendors roles were added.

• 08-25-2010 4:52 PM In reply to

Answer

SGilljp:

No, as I said, only the Expense reports and  Employees & Vendors roles were added.

It sounds to me like the app didn't install correctly.  Can you please try and remove the app and reinstall it?  To remove the app, go to Customize > My Account.  Click "Remove App" for Method Expense Reports.  This will not remove any data but just the screens and tabs for the application.   

When reinstalling the app, pay particular attention to the area marked "Important" and ensure that all 4 roles are being created as "New"(see the picture I have in the installation steps at the top of this forum group).  The only roles that should not say new are the ones that have already been created in your account, in your case Expense Reports and Employees & Vendors.  Manages and Accounting and Admins should say "Create New Role" next to them.

Let me know how that goes,

Danny

• 08-25-2010 5:21 PM In reply to

OK.  That worked Danny.  Must have been a 'hiccup' during the original installation.  Thanks for your help! 

• 08-26-2010 2:55 PM In reply to

SGilljp:

OK.  That worked Danny.  Must have been a 'hiccup' during the original installation.  Thanks for your help! 

That's great news!  Glad we got that solved.  Thanks for letting me know.

- Danny

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)