Method Community

Professional Services Webinar Questions - Sep-01-2010

Last post 10-11-2010 8:20 AM by Method_Valbon. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-02-2010 12:52 PM

Professional Services Webinar Questions - Sep-01-2010

Hi everybody,

The following were a list of questions asked during the Professional Services Webinar hosted on September-01-2010. Due to some technical issues not all questions were answered. Unfortunately these same technical issues prevented me from allowing some participants to ask questions via the audio channels. I encourage all users to use this forum to get their questions answered.

Questions:

Q: Can you see the items on a budget when adding an activity? If not, what is the best way to see the items to corrected select in the activity?

A: The item must appear on the budget/contract before you schedule an activity using that item for that particular budget/contract. If you try to use an item that is not found on the budget/contract you will receive a message indicating this.

Q: Can you review the time for approval in one screen for an entire day?

A: Yes, from the dashboard screen you can click the link ‘Show All Time Tracking’ where you can submit or approve selected entries.

Q: Can you make a monthly budget - as it not too exceed 4 hours per month?

A: In this case you might want to create a new budget/contract for each month.

Q: Is there any way to get the notes we entered in the timer to come through onto the invoice vesus just the defailt item descriptions

A: As the app is now the answer to this is no. This is great feedback and something I can consider for future updates. One idea could be to have a different invoice template to include notes.

Q: Will we be able to use document management for the activities

A: As the app is now it does not accommodate for document management. I will add this as a suggestion and look into the idea. Would adding a document section to the budget / contract screen work? Something similar to what we currently have for Opportunities and Cases in our CRM edition.

Q: does the time entered here appear in the regular timesheet?

A: Yes, time entered is sent to the weekly timesheet in QB.

Q: Can we enter time in Prof services without an activity being present?  Does all time entered have to be associated with a budget/contract?

A: Yes, you can enter straight time without an activity. However to take advantage of the features in Professional Services time entries must be associated with a budget/contract.

Q: Can you create invoices for more than one client at a time?

A: No, batch invoicing is not currently supported.

Q: i noticed that the labor is being taxed.

A: This may have been the case in this demo, please keep in mind it was a sample account.

Q: Where exactly do we go to enable Professional Services w/ in our account?  Maybe I'm dense and you've already covered it.  Thanks.  JK

Q: how do we access the beta?

A: The beta is currently open to all MSPs and will require the following beta invitation code provided near the end of the webinar.

1. Log into your Method account
    2. Click Customize>My Accounts
    3. Scroll to the bottom and enter the beta code zrzrfqRX

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
  • 10-09-2010 2:34 AM In reply to

Re: Professional Services Webinar Questions - Sep-01-2010

Is the Method Pro-services webinar still available to view? Can you provide a link please.

Thanks

Havefun

Mike

Mike Fieldhouse
    RealityHouse

www.realityhouse.co.uk
    twitter.com/realityhouse
  • 10-11-2010 8:20 AM In reply to

Re: Professional Services Webinar Questions - Sep-01-2010

Answer

Hi Mike,

The webinar link is included under the Announcements and FAQs post for the Professional Services Beta Forum. I’ve also included the link below for easy access.

http://www.methodintegration.com/solutionproviders/webinar/MethodProfessionalServicesBetaIntroductionforMSPs.wmv

Cheers,

Need more help? Ask us about Method consulting services.

Valbon Shabani
    Director of Education
    Method Integration Inc.
    Toll Free: 1.888.925.6238 ext. 715
    Local and overseas: 416.847.0400 ext. 715
    Fax: 416.640.6027
    E-mail: valbon@method.me
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)