Method Community

How can I generate a report that filters invoice data by shared sales reps by user?

Last post 02-15-2017 12:23 PM by MikeB. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-15-2017 12:23 PM

How can I generate a report that filters invoice data by shared sales reps by user?

I have a screen with a pivot report of sales data by customer.

When seeing the report on the screen, results are filtered by the sales reps on the invoice (or shared sales reps). I assume this is just because of user permissions.

However, when exporting the report, all sales reps are included in the results. I'd like the results filtered by sales rep.

There is a minor issue though: over time, sales reps for certain customers have changed. So, a single customer can have multiple different sales reps over time. Each current sales rep has access to the old sales reps for their customers.

So, this means I'd need to "build a seletion" list based on user permissions. This is easy to do with a grid, but that option doesn't appear to exist for regular screen actions of for report filtering.

How do I do this? I need to build a selection list from the logged in user of shared sales rep record IDs and then filter the report for export.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)