Method Community

Trying to generate links

Last post 06-01-2012 1:13 PM by Anonymous. 18 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-01-2012 12:01 PM In reply to

Re: Trying to generate links

@Jacob - Method requires QuickBooks though so if you haven't linked this account with a QuickBooks file, how are you testing this?

• 06-01-2012 12:18 PM In reply to

• Jacob
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 05-24-2012
    • Posts 14

Well, I am testing against CRM data which can be manually entered without a QB sync. I have successfully tested getting customer and entity data, adding phone call event, etc.

Thanks,

Jacob

• 06-01-2012 12:23 PM In reply to

Hi Jacob,

Following up on Method_Danny's point. When you login to method, it checks if you have ever done a quickbooks sync. If you have not, it takes you to the quickbooks --> synchronization tablink so you can set up a sync.

The same logic still fires even if you are coming off a link generated via the api.

We are still investigating why the synchronization page is not loading for you and all you see is the loading icon.

Dave

• 06-01-2012 1:13 PM In reply to

Answer

Jacob:
     Well, I am testing against CRM data which can be manually entered without a QB sync. I have successfully tested getting customer and entity data, adding phone call event, etc.

Jacob - yes, you can enter data into the CRM tables without syncing but that doesn't mean you're not going to run into trouble in other areas of Method.    You'll notice that as soon as you login to a Method account, the very first tab you are taken to as an admin is the QuickBooks tab so that you can establish the sync.

As Dave suggested, please link this Method account to a QB file and then test to make sure the problem still happens.

Page 2 of 2 (19 items) < Previous 1 2