Method Community

Using Method CRM with 3rd party giving platform

Last post 04-11-2022 2:28 PM by Method_Mamoon. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-23-2022 9:45 PM

Using Method CRM with 3rd party giving platform

So I'm here on behalf of a non-profit I work with that uses Online Giving for their credit card donations. They've been fairly happy and dont' really want to migrate away but are hoping to integrate with Method since they've only recently switched here.

Online Giving (the company) is willing to look at an integration however I was told this by their support:  after looking at the Donor Method API documentation it appears they can’t locate any API endpoint to query a list of database tables to be used with the CRUD REST API…they are willing to move forward and help but we would need to obtain a list of database tables or that endpoint. Additional we would love to know if you offer a developer sandbox or similar to use agains that API.

With that in mind, I know there is no native integration and support was absolutely no help with this question. the best suggestion support gave was to come here ask the community about the Method API capability so here I am. Any advice?

• 03-28-2022 9:50 AM In reply to

Re: Using Method CRM with 3rd party giving platform

Hi Cardin

To answer your questions:

• We don't have any query that returns a list of tables. Currently, this will need to be done through the Method UI. You can access the list of tables through account settings by clicking the user profile icon in the top right > Account settings >Tables & fields.
    • You can connect a sandbox QuickBooks account to a Method free trial for testing purposes. I would reach out to your customer success mangaer to figure out how this would work from a billing perspective. Typically, these accounts would be billed the same way.
    Thank you.
    Mamoon Syed
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
  • 04-09-2022 8:43 AM In reply to

Well, that's not exactly what I wanted to hear....how abotu this, woudl it be possible to provide some detailed examples of recording (create) a donation with contact information (e.g. a complete POSTMAN example or similar of a new donation insertion on the API)

Thanks for your help

• 04-11-2022 2:28 PM In reply to

Hey Cardinl,

We don't have any specific examples for donors, but on the documentation, you should see an example for creating an invoice with items. The post for creating a donation would be similar except the table you would be specifying is sales receipts.

The general steps would be:

1.Create a customer using this endpoint /api/v1/tables/Customer. Make sure that at least the "Name" and "FirstName" fields are mapped as those are required

2.Create a Sales Receipt using this endpoint /api/v1/tables/SalesReceipt. Make sure that at least the "Customer" field is mapped as it is required. The "Customer" field is whatever was input as the "Name" field while you were creating the customer.

3. Ensure that the items you are giving as an option on your platform are marked as donation items within Method. More information about how to do that here

If you were looking to capture specific information from your platform to Method, let me know and I can share what the field names and tables would be to map.

Thank you!

Mamoon Syed
    Product Manager
    Method Integration Inc.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)