Method Community

Retrieveing a Grid

Last post 02-05-2013 2:28 PM by NeilRick. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-01-2013 1:12 PM

Retrieveing a Grid

Hello All!

Our company uses a grid on our estimates page in order to display all of the item numbers/ descriptions / Quantity and the like a customer is interested in. For each client our sales reps will use this unique grid that saves what the customer is purchasing and all of its details.

I am attempting to set up an item survey tool on another page and need to somehow retrieve the grid info as a whole for each clients order. I would be trying to set this up as an action that happens once a customer’s Estimate has been emailed out.

So in other words I need each customers unique grid info to somehow be retrieved and stored in another table for another screen. I need to do this in such a way that per a reference (record id or some other identifier) I can have all the data from the grid populate in an email that will be triggered per a button with a date difference conditional statement.

To further breakdown-

1. Somehow store each unique grid record into another table as estimates are being emailed out.

2. Be able to call to each record from the new table so that when a button is pressed and a conditional statement is met the correct items are mailed to the correct client so that they can be asked to fill out a survey for the item grid I am trying to get into the email.

Any ideas or tips are greatly appreciated!

• 02-04-2013 2:07 PM In reply to

Re: Retrieveing a Grid

Answer

Neil,

Just so I understand correctly, you essentially want to survey customers based on the items the estimates are based off of.  Am I correct here? 

If the info is already stored in a grid, it is already stored in a table. I don't see why you need to create a new table.  I am thinking you can store the recordID for each record in the table the grid is based off of as a shared result.  This would allow you retrieve the same record on your survey screen.  Another idea would be to setup a similar grid on your survey screen, and filter it to your needs.  You can then use the "Loop through Grid" action to pull the values that you want.

- Adam

Adam Lyons
    Manager of Support
    Method Integration
    a.lyons@method.me
  • 02-05-2013 2:28 PM In reply to

Re: Retrieveing a Grid

I just wanted to say thank you for the help. I will be testing out your tips to see if they work for me in my current setup.

-Neil

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)